Volkswagen Golf 7 – Alpine X901D-G7
9″ Navigation Multimedia Solution
Massive 9″ Touch Screen
When the team at Alpine decided to develop a high-end infotainment system for Golf 7 drivers, they had only one goal in mind: to create a high-end system that exceeds all available media products for the Golf 7 available to date.
The result is a premium infotainment system with a brilliant 9-inch touch screen that perfectly integrates into the Golf 7 to bring the latest media compatibility, cutting-edge navigation technology and audiophile sound quality to your vehicle.
All components are designed to fit perfectly in existing installation locations and integrate fully with the vehicle’s electronic systems.
High-resolution 9-inch touch screen
Turn your dashboard into a high-end cinematic experience: the highlight of the Alpine system is the high-resolution 9-inch touch screen – the largest screen for a Volkswagen dashboard to date.
In fact, it is more than twice as large than the standard 6.5-inch VW screen.
This extra-large size display will amaze you by its brilliant, high-resolution image quality – you must see it to believe it.
Steering Wheel Control Buttons
The Alpine system is connected to your steering wheel control buttons. This means you do not lose this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine and you will have full control over volume, phone, audio track forward/backward and many other commands.
You can even activate Siri voice control if you have an iPhone connected to the system – right from your steering wheel.
Driver Information Display
The small display in the instrument cluster is also connected to the Alpine system and can display radio station names, song titles and artist information, caller names, navigation turn-byturn arrows and much more.
If your car is equipped with original parking sensors, you will not lose this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine. The parking sensor system is connected to your Alpine screen, showing a convenient distance display and providing proximity sounds with automatic mute of the music when parking your car.
Rear View Camera
If your Golf has the original VW reversing camera installed it can be simply connected to the Alpine system as well. The camera activates automatically when reversing.
If your car is not equipped with the original reversing camera we recommend upgrading with this useful feature.
Vehicle System Setup
* Note: Image from a non Australian Golf 7
The VW radio display is used to show and set up vehicle settings and display warning messages such as low engine oil level. The Alpine system is fully compatible with the Golf 7’s electronic systems and can therefore display all menus and warnings (except original traffic sign recognition system).
* Navigation turn-by-turn arrows available after software update late 2016
USB / AUX port
The Alpine X901D-G7 includes a special cable that connects the USB / AUX port in the center control with your Alpine system to maintain these useful connectors.
Wireless Charging Console
A very useful accessory for your Golf 7 is the Wireless Charging Console Alpine KCE-G7QI. This little rubber pad fits perfectly into the Golf 7’s center console and provides Qi compatible inductive charging for your wireless charging enabled mobile phone. The Alpine KCE-G7QI works with any Golf 7 regardless of original radio or aftermarket system.
Big Screen Entertainment
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod or iPhone to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 9-inch display. For driving safety, the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for handsfree communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes operation extremely easy. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly enjoyed on the Alpine system.
Connect Your Smartphone
The Alpine system is fully compatible with the latest smartphones such as the iPhone 6S and the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. This offers many advantages: you can enjoy digital content stored on your phone such as music or video files, access your phonebook or simply charge your phone. You can even activate Siri and voice-control your iPhone for maximum comfort and driving safety.
DAB/DAB+ Digital Radio
The built-in DAB/DAB+/DMB tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality.
DAB also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations.
Optional DVD Player
Upgrade your Alpine Infotainment system with DVD and CD playback capability. The Alpine DVE-5300G f its per fectly in the Golf 7’s original VW CD drive compartment in the glove box.
It uses HDMI technology for stunning image quality and can be fully controlled from the touch screen.
All installation parts are included.
The Alpine X901D-G7 offers extensive sound adjustment options to get the best out of your Golf sound system and to adjust the sound to your taste and preferences.
The built-in Dual 9-band Parametric EQ allows separate adjustment for the front and rear channels with professional detail.
10 pre-defined EQ settings allow for fast changing to different sound modes, such as Rock, Pop and Jazz.
Fader and Balance
Use the touch screen to drag the crosshair to the desired location on the car interior image to make fader and balance adjustments.
The digital crossover allows you to adjust cutoff frequencies for your speakers. This ensures a matching sound signal that can be accepted by your speakers without distortion.
Digital Time Correction
Time Correction allows you to virtually adjust the distance of each speaker by delaying the signals of speakers closest to you. This gives the impression of listening from a central position.
One Look Display
Alpine’s innovative “One Look” split-screen technology allows you to view the navigation map and audio playback information at one glance.
This eliminates the need to switch between different applications. You can switch from full screen to One Look view with just a swipe on the display.
High Resolution Touch Screen
Use the virtual keyboard to input destination addresses and operate all navigation settings.
You can input postal codes for all European countries, which makes searching for addresses quicker.
The system even reads partial addresses and you can select your own language from 33 different keyboards.
View maps in 3D with detailed buildings and landmarks. This feature helps you to better orientate yourself in large cities. Speed restriction display and speed camera warnings (not available for all EU countries) give you further driving assistance.
Points of Interest
You can easily search for POIs by category, name, distance and other criteria.
This is very helpful when looking for a specific restaurant franchise or a specific petrol station brand nearby.
Restaurant information includes the phone number next to the address and food type – with a quick tap on the screen you can call ahead and reserve a table.
Alpine X901D-G7 – FEATURES
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Preset: 18 Preset Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Preset Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone Included
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: Made for iPod touch 5th/4th/3rd/2nd/1st Gen., iPod nano 7th/6th/5th/4th/3rd/ Gen., iPod classic 160GB/120GB/80GB, iPod with video, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone5S,iPhone5C, iPhone5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G
- Connection: KCU-461iV / KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music & Video Playback Compatible with KCU-461iV only
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Map Coverage: 48 Countries (Western and Eastern Europe)
- Menu Language: 29 Languages
- Voice Guidance Language: 29 Languages for Voice Guidance, 15 Languages for Text-to-Speech (TTS)
- Advanced Address Search
- Post Code Search
- Free Form Search
- Partial Name Search
- Advanced POI Functions
- Smart Routes: Smart Routes using historic traffic patterns
- Advanced Route Planning
- Eco Route Search
- 7 Alternative Route Recommendation
- Advanced TMC Mode
- Map Display Mode: 2D Heading Up, 2D North Up, 3D
- 3D City Mode: 3D Building/Icon Display
- Elevation Map Display: 3D maps with elevation mode
- 3D Motorway Junction View: Junction View with Sign Post
- Drive Lane Suggestion
- Tunnel Mode
- Highway Mode
- Voice Guidance Mixing
- Direct Phone Call from POI data
- 3 Positioning Sensors: GPS, Gyroscope, Vehicle Speed Pulse
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC Playback
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 4V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 9?? Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- 50/50 Split Screen: Left / Right Position Changeable
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favorites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- PreOut: 3 PreOuts (4V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- OEM Sub-display Function
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rearview Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine Special HDMI connector required)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- CAN Connection Interface Included
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300
Map & Database
- Online Map Update
- Includes installation brackets, wiring harness and CAN bus interface for complete installation.
- Screen Size: 9 inch Capacitive WVGA
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99.99%
- Colour System: NTSC, PAL
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 4 x 50 W
- Tuning Range: 87.5 – 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 µV / 75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 12 dBf (1.1 µV / 75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 – 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 – 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dBf
- USB Requirements: USB 2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,500 mA (CDP Support)
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class, Play From Device
- File System: FAT 16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media™ Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ??.m4a?? file
- Flac Decoding
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 – 20k Hz ±1 dB *Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008%
- DynamicRange(at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
- GPS Antenna Type: Micro-strip Planar Aerial
- Reception Frequency: 1575.42 ±1 MHz
- Reception Sensitivity: -130 dB Maximum
- Reception Method: Parallel 12 Channels
- BLUETOOTH® Version: Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- HSP (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- SPP (Serial Port Profile)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- BASS ENGINE SQ: 5Mode, Level 0 to +6
- HighPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- HighPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- HighPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- LowPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- LowPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- LowPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Time Correction: 0.0 – 9.9ms (0.1ms step)
- Dual HD EQ Front + Rear
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 – 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 – 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 – 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 – 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 – 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k – 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k – 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k – 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k – 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -14 to +14
- Application Volume Level Setting: -14 to +14
- Input Format 720p/480p/VGA
- Output Format 480p
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V. DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 4 V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30°
- Alpine X901D-G7: Fits for Volkswagen Golf 7
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 50 x 164 mm
Perfect vehicle integration with premium components.
Performance without compromise.
Signature Car Sound, your local Authorised Alpine Premium Dealers, Stockist and Installation Centres on the Sunshine Coast.