Alpine SWS-15D2 – Type S 15″ Subwoofer
The new fourth-generation Alpine SWS-15D2 – Type S 15″ Subwoofers have undergone a revolutionary redesign, leaning heavily on patented technologies developed for the Type-R series. The result is a subwoofer that is so good Alpine had to redesign the Type-R range of subwoofers.
These new Alpine SWS-15D2 – Type S 15″ Subwoofers redefine the expectations in their class. Altogether, they offer significantly improved output, deeper bass extension, more control and even greater power handling.
With it’s new sleek design, it looks as great as it performs.
The Alpine SWS-15D2 – Type S 15″ Subwoofers are ready for virtually any system type desired, and have a shallow design which allows installation even in difficult locations.
Alpine SWS-15D2 Features:
- Material: Oversized Hairline-Textured Mica Poly Dustcap w/ Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Paper Cone Body
- Design: 2-Piece Parabolic
- Material: Injected Molded SantopreneA?
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll H.A.M.R Surround Design (Patent Pending)
- Material: ConexA?
- Design: 10 Segment High-Roll Progressive Design
- Material: 180A?C High Temp Wire on Sprial-Cut Aluminum Bobbin
- Design: 5-Layer Split-Winding Dual Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: FEA Optimized Underhung Design w/ Dual-Sided Compound Radius Pole Geometry
- Configuration: Dual Flared Design w/ Integrated Backplate Venting
- Material: 18GA High Strength Steel
- Design: Alpine-Designed 5 Leg Structure w/ Integrated Radial Voice Coil Vents
- Layout: One Sided
- Design: 8ga. Push Terminals
- Design: Reinforced-Layer Spider Integration
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System
Power Handling – Alpine SWS-15D2
Max RMS Power Capacity: 500W
Peak Power Capacity: 1500W
- Mounting Depth: 177mm (7”)
- Mounting Diameter: 347mm (13.7”)
- Displacement: 0.07 cu. Ft.
- Added Volume: 0.15 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Frequency Response: 24Hz – 200Hz
Recommended Enclosure Sizes – Alpine SWS-15D2
- Sealed enclosure:
- Volume: 50.0L
- Vented enclosure:
- Volume: 70.8L